Sunday 13 June 2010

The Next Step...

With the excitement & hard work of the wedding over, I decided it was time to focus on my sideline venture of vintage china hire. One thing that amazed me, was that in the 10 months from when I had started collecting china - the number of people with similar ideas had escalated massively! Checking out the competition really opened my eyes, but nothing ventured...!
One thing that my day-job has taught me is that marketing & presentation really do matter, so the first thing I needed to organise was photography - from which everything else could be worked. Now I understand the skills involved with photography - but why are they SO expensive! After hours of internet trawling, I found Heather - a wonderful local photographer with her own studio, who was reasonably priced & the biggest bonus of all - only a 10 minute drive away!

With studio time booked, it was a lot of hard work to get everything up together for suitable settings, but after much deliberation & a few shopping trips I was all ready. I spent a very enjoyable few hours with Heather at the bottom of her garden & was delighted with the outcome...








The next thing to organise was a website. Now, unfortunately I do not have a bottomless pit of money & having spent out on the photography I needed a quick & cheap fix, so set myself up with a DIY website. I was realistic with what to expect & being my harshest critic am clearly not happy with the result, but with my beautiful new photographs, managed to make something half-decent & more importantly gave me some web presence!

I was on my way to having my own little business!

1 comment:

  1. Photos look fab - and GREAT business idea instead of trying to squash it all into a space that filled up years ago ...

    ...obsession? Of course not! It's all too irresistable!

    ReplyDelete